Stairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stairs

Help! I am making a staircase in Revit and if I choose Private under assembled stair, I find the list of options I am given very limiting. How, for instance, would I make it an open tread stair i.e. no risers.
    For that matter, has anyone seen any very good tutorials on how you make very bespoke staircases presumably in the family editor.

Private is a Stair Type that exists in your Template or Project... its not a Part of the Program. Without showing us the various nested object types in that stair type, we wont really be able to help you.

We do a lot of custom stairs. There are occasional families as PARTS of the stairs, but i rarely make a stair case in the family editor. Why dont you try showing us what you are attempting to make?
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

What kind of stair am I trying to create? I suggest you image Google Richard Rogers stairs. There you will find stairs with bespoke stringers, bespoke treads, bespoke balustrades……that is the sort of thing I am hoping to create.

Comment

I'll pass, on googling it.

Stairs can be made to have custom balusters, for sure. Some custom stringers, but not all. If the stringers can't be done in the stair tool I use Framing members. Same with Treads. If the stair tool doesn't cut it, occasionally a custom component, or a framing member, or floors.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

I took your suggestion and added "revit" to the search
          I don't know if they saw your post or not, but someone just posted a video on exactly what your looking for
          Last edited by DaveP; August 10, 2020, 04:17 PM. Reason: added "to the search"
          Dave Plumb
          BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

@DaveP you mean this video ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5rMYS3nTt4

Very nice, thanks.
            Kamran Mirza
            Chartered Architect RIBA, ARB, PCATP

Comment