Strange problem with my registration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange problem with my registration?

Hey everyone, hope somone can help me with my strange problem.

I have downloaded and installed Revit 2012, after having 2011 for over a year. (Due to upgrade at my school)
    My problem starts when i have installed the program and press activate, said yes to that i have read the privacy policy and continue, then the next window is just blank.
    First i thought that my grafik card was to old, but the wierd thing is that i kan run the program on the trail without a problem so that isnt it. (I think)

Hope some of you guys have had the same problem and found a solution or just know what to do, so i can continue my work at school.

Some pics of the problem:
    ImageShack Album - 2 images

/Rasmus

For what I know the registration utility needs an internet connection to function properly. In older versions (Autodesk products from 2009 and prior) I also had the problem that our office proxy and/or firewall was blocking the final stage of installation.
    Arjan Ikink, BIM-engineer at PHB Deventer
    LinkedIn

Comment

Is this the demo version from Autodesk or did you get it off of UTorrent? (I see the icon for it on your Start bar...)

Are you using a non True Type Font for your primary display settings? This can cause issues. And it could be that you need to update your graphics card driver....
      Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

I have an internet connection so i dont think thats the problem?
        And about the demo version, it is an original student version downloaded from revits homepage. I dont know what you mean about the font question?

Comment

I believe a student license is not upgradable. It's only good for the version you download during class.
          That's one reason it's so cheap (spelled f-r-e-e)
          Dave Plumb
          BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

It shouldn't be a reason why someone pulled a masking region over the registration form, if that were true (which I believe of course ).

@Rasmus: what happens if you dismiss the screen (if possible), does a pop-up appear saying that you're on a 30-day demo from that moment?
            Arjan Ikink, BIM-engineer at PHB Deventer
            LinkedIn

Comment