Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Printing ceiling plans in Revit and them turning out grey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing ceiling plans in Revit and them turning out grey.

All,
    I am experiencing and issue with printing out sheets on Revit. I have printed out 4 floors worth of ceiling plans and 3 out of 4 are fine, however one rogue floor, whilst appearing OK to look at on both view level and sheet level, prints out and all the building information (apart from my MEP systems which are fine) is greyed out. The exceptions are lift shafts and the occasional seemingly random window through the murk in some sort of Alistair Gray post apocalyptical novel stylee.
    I have had a look in VG which is fine (otherwise you'd expect to spot it on the sheet prior to printing) and in Object styles, there is nothing their out of the ordinary.
    The only difference between the levels which work and the level which does not work is the presence of a ceiling grid in the levels which do work. However I added a ceiling grid to the malfunctioning level and it has shown, but on top of the big grey murk.

Another anomaly is that the architects who designed the original model designed this floor using a different team, however architects being architects NEVER make mistakes EVER!!!!! and as a result suggesting somethng has snuck through on their model is preposterous and I am sorry for even thinking this. :banghead:
    Has anyone encountered this before?
    Don't cry, don't raise your eye, it's only Revit wasteland.

Could you post some pics? How it's showing, view settings, and so on? Even better: purge the project and post it here?
    Kinda hard to troubleshoot like this.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Looking at the hardware side, how old is the printer? There have been a number of random problems reported with older HP Printers.

Also, do you get the same result if you print to pdf?
      Ian Kidston
      http://allextensions.com.au

Comment

Good point Ian,
        Try printing to a PDF or even a dwf to see if the problem keeps happening.
        Can I assume you have tried all of the view settings and cut plane depths? The cut plane, top and bottom offsets can be a bit tricky in the RCP views.

Are you in a wire frame mode? Is there an overlay level showing?

It really would help if we could see some images or even the model
        Andrew Harp
        BIM Manager GHD
        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
        If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.

Comment

Are you sure that the views "disipline" is the same for all the sheets?disapline.PNG
          Alex Page
          RevitWorks Ltd
          Check out our Door Factory, the door maker add-in for Revit

Comment

You can also try to create a new view template from one of the working views and apply it to the broken one.

Comment

Originally posted by mog505 View Post
              All,
              3 out of 4 are fine, however one rogue floor, whilst appearing OK to look at on both view level and sheet level, prints out and all the building information (apart from my MEP systems which are fine) is greyed out. The exceptions are lift shafts and the occasional seemingly random window through the murk in some sort of Alistair Gray post apocalyptical novel stylee.
              Do you happen to have one of the views on the sheet activated? If so, try Deactivate View, then print.
              Luke Johnson | Autodesk Expert Elite Member
              Author of What Revit Wants

Comment

Originally posted by luke.johnson View Post
                Do you happen to have one of the views on the sheet activated? If so, try Deactivate View, then print.
                I've never understood why the Activate View is not a Temporary override.
                It should be turned off when your Print or Save - just like Temporary Hide/Isolate is.
                Why would you EVER want to print a Sheet with the whole thing (except one View) Greyed out? :crazy:
                Dave Plumb
                BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
                  I've never understood why the Activate View is not a Temporary override.
                  It should be turned off when your Print or Save - just like Temporary Hide/Isolate is.
                  Why would you EVER want to print a Sheet with the whole thing (except one View) Greyed out? :crazy:
                  Especially since 2012 DOES warn you about the Hide in View being on...
                  Martijn de Riet
                  Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                  MdR Advies
                  Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment