Keyboard Shortcuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard Shortcuts

Hi, started at new firm with brand new revit. Does anyone have a nifty document with shortcut keys? I don't have the same user interface here. I usually assign 33 to 3D, AZ to align etc etc. Was wondering what your system was?

What do you mean by "I don't have the same user interface here"?
    The Revit Keyboard Shortcut Manager is built in to Revit OOTB.
    You can access it either from the tool on the Ribbon (View...User Interface...Keyboard Shortcuts) or by typing KS.
    That'll get you a list of all possible Keyboard Shortcuts, whether assigned or not.
    Then you can filter down to what you want and assign your desired keys.
    If you're looking for a specific list of what Keys to assign, everyone's got their own.
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Perhaps that was a dumb question ha. Thanks anyway

Comment

I got a lot of keyboard shortcuts with the same letters.

So Align is AA
        Temp. hide in view is HH
        Wall is WW
        Move is MM
        etc.

I like it this way so i don't have to search for 2 letters on the keyboard 🤔
        www.jansenengineering.nl

Comment

My thinking regarding shortcuts is to use X followed by a letter close by. Eg XA=move, XS=copy, XQ=align, XE=detail line, XR=model line, XT=filled region and so on. Then you don't need to look at the keyboard while modeling.

Comment

Originally posted by calle_85 View Post
            My thinking regarding shortcuts is to use X followed by a letter close by. Eg XA=move, XS=copy, XQ=align, XE=detail line, XR=model line, XT=filled region and so on. Then you don't need to look at the keyboard while modeling.
            While this is nice for the hands (your examples at least are all for the left hand), I'm more likely to remember and use a shortcut if it's related to the command I want.

Comment

I also have a few based on muscle memory/key location rather than the actual letters ​ 'QW' for example shortcuts to drawing a rectangle when in sketch mode, not cause QW signifies anything but just because my fingers seemed to hang around the 'Tab' key when sketching. Also 'XX' for temp view properties, just cause it's close to 'VV' (visibility/graphics) and 'CC' was already taken.

Comment

And as I haven't mentioned it for a while, I have all my favourite shortcuts stored in an X-Keys device. This does require a bit of software to run (I think they used to do a model which stored the text/shortcuts/keystrokes etc. in the hardware) so might fall foul of some firms' rules on running software?
                You can label all the buttons so you tend to forget the actual key combinations.

https://xkeys.com/xkeys/keys.html

Last edited by willsud; October 8, 2021, 08:40 AM.
                William Sutherland rias riba
                WS Architecture Ltd

Comment

That is incredible

Comment