Soffit Ventilation Calculation Techniques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soffit Ventilation Calculation Techniques

Has anyone figured out a good way to extrapolate the Square Inch Measurements of their roof soffits for ventilation calcs? In CAD we merely offset a polyline and then used a macro to add lines for a total being provided. Is it possible to create an element within a duplicate of the system soffit that will display the Square Inch totals of a 2" continuous line down the centerline of the soffit between the wall intersection and fascia?

No i haven't done this...but You could do this with a Line based Component (Model or Detail) that has some formulas in it that can Calculate this for you that are Shared Parameters, then you could tag this & display the information
    Dwane

Comment

A couple of questions as I dont do this sort of calculation,
      is this a volume that you require?
      Does it go the entire "envelope" of the building?
      You could technically create a "Space" using the "Analyze" menu and you can set areas only, or areas and volumes, and create the actual soffit volume you need you could then extract this with a high degree of accuracy.
      Depending on how your building was modeled this could be fast, or require a bit of sketching, but either way its pretty quick

Comment

Very interesting solutions! We have a table that calculates the SI based upon the lineal feet. The issue is that all of the soffits are not connected, rakes, heeled trusses, etc ... so I currently have to add each section up with a calculator. Is there a way to select multiple chained lines and have it give me the total lineal feet of all the selected lines? The red lines are the lines i need added together in a total.
        Attached Files

Comment