Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phasing and Rooms

Hi All,

I'm currently working on a project that is Phased into 7 New consturction Phases. I want to show Room Tags/Rooms from a previous phase in the current phase. For example: rooms from phase 3 in a view that has phase 7 as the current showing phase. Is the best way to go about doing this just simply copying the room from phase 3 into phase 7 or is there a way I can get the phase 3 rooms to show in phase 7?

I am in a similar situation, I have a project with 4 construction phases. The client insists on it. I do not know of an easy way to get around it. I have copied/pasted the rooms from each phase into the next phase. I, too, am open to suggestions.

Comment

There is one way to do it, but its kind of messy and definitely cheating.
      Using ncebula's example:
      • Duplicate (with detailing) the Floor Plan from Phase 3.
      • In this new plan, turn off all of the Model Categories except Rooms
      • Turn off all of the Annotation Categories except Room Tags.
      • You should be left with a View sowing nothing but Room Tags from Phase 3.
      • Now, in Phase 7, turn Off the Room Tags.
      • Finally, place Phase 7 on a Sheet and then drag the Phase 3 View on top of it.
      • You'll see the green alignment line when they are lined up right.

You'll have to be careful to ensure that the Phase 3 Tags View gets any changes you make to Phase 3. The simplest way to do this is to Tag All Not Tagged again in that View.
      Dave Plumb
      BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Dave's suggestion is by far the best. Sorry to say this btw, but it's true...
        Copy-pasting the rooms through Phases will give you massive coordination trouble if one or more rooms should change / get merged or deleted. You'd have to remember to do this inall Phases.
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Yea I read dave's suggestion later on at another forum and figured the copy/paste for each room into different phases would be a headache with coordination. Not to mention room schedules.

Comment