Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

filled region anomaly

hello all,
    i have come across a very strange filled region problem... i want to create a transparent gray filled region, and when i draw the boundary and press enter, it seems as though there is something over the region that is covering it up. the problem is there is nothing there and i can't figure out any other way to create a transparent hatch over the drawing. attached is a diagram of the issue.
    has anyone else ever had this problem before?

thanks,
    tweg
    Attached Files

do you have some hidden plan regions?

Comment

as far as i know, no. is there a way to quickly check? when i highlight view and use filter, no plan regions are in the list.

Comment

Please correct me if I am wrong on this people. I want to be wrong. But... Revit can not create "transparent" solid hatches in hidden line. Try changing to wireframe and see if that will work for you.
        -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
          Please correct me if I am wrong on this people. I want to be wrong. But... Revit can not create "transparent" solid hatches in hidden line. Try changing to wireframe and see if that will work for you.
          if this is true, then is the solution to create a super tiny hatch pattern that is not solid?

Comment

Originally posted by tweg View Post
            if this is true, then is the solution to create a super tiny hatch pattern that is not solid?
            Ive done it before with a very tinny stipple hatch. it sucks... but is the only work around Ive found.
            -Alex Cunningham

Comment

press the "reveal hide ellements" button ..the light bulb from the bottom of the view to see if thei are hidden per object. Or press "vv" and also see if plan region category is hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
                Ive done it before with a very tinny stipple hatch. it sucks... but is the only work around Ive found.
                that DOES suck. doesn't seem to work to well, either, i just did it and it kind of covers up what is beneath.

p.s. definitely no plan regions in view

Comment

You can create transparent solid hatches in hidden line mode.
                  Capture.JPGCapture.JPG
                  Last edited by rosskirby; October 11, 2011, 02:15 PM.

Arcturis
                  BIM Manager
                  Associate Architect

Comment

Originally posted by rosskirby View Post
                    You can create transparent solid hatches in hidden line mode.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4605[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4608[/ATTACH]
                    Sorry I had that backwards. Hidden Line is where the sold fill is transparent. Wireframe is where it wont be transparent. Thank you for the correction.

Wireframe:
                    http://screencast.com/t/SzkauJckM

Hidden Line:
                    http://screencast.com/t/LCircT6Rr6B
                    Last edited by Alex Cunningham; October 11, 2011, 02:23 PM.
                    -Alex Cunningham

Comment