Connecting 2 concrete beams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting 2 concrete beams

I am modeling an excisting building in RAC2012 and came across a few concrete beams that will not connect for some reason.
    In the attached images you can see the beams.

They are both different shape concrete beams (see the 3D image). The L shapend beam should connnect to the back of the other beam.

What I did was line them up like in image Beams 2D-01.jpg, no problem there, but when I try to connect them with either the Trim/Extend function or by dragging the grips the thing shown in the image Beams 2D-02.jpg happens and they do not connect.

I did use a workaround now, by adding an Opening By Face to both Beams, but thats not really how it should work imho.

Any idea why this happens and how I can prevent it from happening?
    Attached Files
    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

do you have a hidden concrete column somewhere under this beam corners? Sometimes the the bounding box of a column is somehow extended upper and it cut`s fom beams.
    Also try to see if the parameters from the end of the beams(cut back or s0mething) are zero.

Comment

Nope no column around for about 1500 mm and I can not find the cutback parameter
      Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

can you post the beams in a new project?

Comment

here you go, dont mind the colors, the floors are not yellow in real life
          Attached Files

Comment

looks like the cutback is screwy... If you select the beams, where are the grips located? Do you see an triangular grip besides the dots?
            Martijn de Riet
            Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
            MdR Advies
            Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

in 3d view set to top.
              than at the corner spot press first beam. You will se a number like a temporary dim (258 i think). Set it to zero.
              The same for the second one. Than drag bouth beams back by using the blue dot. Than use the align tool and tab key to align the beams as you need one to the other.

Comment

yeah the cutback thats what I was thinking about, but I can not find where to adjust that.
                Anyway here are some pics of the grips, no triangles.
                Attached Files

Comment

One beam is set to center and the other is set to one side. Try setting both the same for now and bringing the blue dots to the same point in 2d and more importantly in 3d.
                  -Alex Cunningham

Comment

on you pictures there are some blue numbers "258". Press on them and insert zero value

Comment