Viewport Clipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewport Clipping

An easy one I'm sure but cannot find answer. My viewport does not clip section lines and grid lines? Why is this so? I need to clip everything within viewport.

try the 'annotation crop' option in your view properties

*actually i just tried this and it's only working on grid lines...

...halfway there...
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Set the Annotation Crop (in the view properties). This will clip your datums (section, elevation marker, and so on)

EDIT: this doesn't work (hi Elton, lol) for sections. Use s Scope Box. Set it up, apply and turn off again.
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

i'm ass-u-me-ing you cant hide section heads for obvious reasons, but you can drag them inside the view region and hide the head symbol if necessary, while still leaving the section scope extents at their original placings
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

I was hoping I could just clip everything outside the veiwport extent like acad in a very quick manner. Thanks any guys.

Comment

Explore scope boxes. They are great tools in Revit.
            -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by redmonki View Post
              I was hoping I could just clip everything outside the veiwport extent like acad in a very quick manner. Thanks any guys.
              Sorry, but Scope Boxes ARE quick and easy ways to clip everything outside the viewport... You should try it before dismissing.
              They will actually be a lot quicker since you can define the entire project (or subregions) with one bounding box ensuring that your placement of the "viewport" is consistant without nudging them around per view on sight...
              Martijn de Riet
              Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
              MdR Advies
              Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment