Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make walls in my "existing phase" display hatched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new to revit and traditionally in CAD we display existing walls as basic walls filled with hatch, and then all proposed construction gets studs/gwb/siding.

So I drew all my walls, existing and proposed, and was hoping I could change the graphical display for the "existing phase" but when I did that ALL existing objects became hatched, so the floor gets hatched which I dont want.

Elements get assigned to the phase of the view they are created in. They each have a Phase Created and Phase Demolished parameter.

Each view has a Phase parameter and a Phase Filter parameter that changes the appearance of elements according to their "state".

An element created in the existing phase is existing as long as its Phase Demolished parameter is None. An element created in the New Construction phase is "new" as long as the Phase Demolished parameter it none. If an element is created in the existing phase and demolished in New Construction then it qualifies as Demolished. If it is created in the New Construction phase and demolished in the same phase that is "temporary".

Phase Graphic overrides affect views according to the Phase Filter assigned to a view. A demolition plan view would be Phase: New Construction Phase Filter: Show Previous and Demo. A new construction plan would be Phase: New Construction Phase Filter: Show Previous and New.

The Graphic Overrides determine the appearance of elements according to their "state": Existing, Demo, Temporary and New.
    Last edited by Steve_Stafford; April 10, 2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Further to this, can phases be added? Because local authorities here want to see 5 types; approved and built; approved but not built; built but not approved; demolish; construction

And they have standard colours to show these

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Phases, yes, but that won’t solve this issue.

You only have 4 phase graphic overrides to choose from; existing (which really means all previous phases), new (view’s phase), demolished (previous phases demoed in the view’s phase), and temporary (view’s phase demoed in view’s phase).

Most likely you’ll need additional parameters to achieve those results.
        Greg McDowell Jr
        about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

Chris, adressing this request with phases seems to me difficult/like a nightmare. I really don’t know how to do it even. I would approach this with parameters for these statuses and color them with filters.
          Regards Andreas

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
          Last edited by Lindblad; April 12, 2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment