Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need to hide specific lines of railing?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to hide specific lines of railing?!

Hi i want to hide lines of handril that fall under post , also i have problem with object rectangle does not want to be invisible(this object passed cut solid and void stage) when i make it invisble in plan it still show!
    (see the image for further help)
    thanks
    Attached Files

Noticed that you are in wireframe mode - will that make a difference?Hiddenlines.PNG
    Alex Page
    RevitWorks Ltd
    Check out our Door Factory, the door maker add-in for Revit

Comment

Good Notice i was about to be crazy of this ....thanks a lot is there a feature of bring to front and send to back ? if yes how i can find it ?

Comment

Originally posted by ahmed_hassan View Post
        Good Notice i was about to be crazy of this ....thanks a lot is there a feature of bring to front and send to back ? if yes how i can find it ?
        i am finding it hard to understand exactly what you are specifically asking?
        there are 'send to back' and 'bring to front' tools (they are contextual), but this obviously cannot work for 3d geometry from which your visible lines originate
        there are more genuine methods but the linework tool can be used to hide (or change) lines, however this considered a kludge by many, and is a per view tool.
        Last edited by elton williams; October 10, 2011, 11:48 PM.
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

"Bring to Front" etc commands only work in Revit for 2d elements like filled regions etc and symbolic lines etc, and they only work in relation to other 2d elements (ie: a symbolic line is always in front of a modelled element, but can be brought forward in front of a filled region).
          3d elements, as elton has stated, cannot be "Brought to front" since Revit just shows what is modelled in front.
          Alex Page
          RevitWorks Ltd
          Check out our Door Factory, the door maker add-in for Revit

Comment