Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sweep do not work on creating shape i want !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweep do not work on creating shape i want !!

Hi , i tried to make something that is going to be used a post corners on my railing, so here in Egypt this is the post shape that has something small crossing in one point (similar to pyramid) but i tried using sweep programme tell me can not sweep i make the sweep end less than half also with problems, what is the solution to make this shape ??
    Please no one tell me you can not (nothing is impossible)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ahmed_hassan; October 7, 2011, 09:48 PM.

Right, nothing is impossible, the "impossible" just costs more, and takes a while longer...

In this case though, it's not even close to being impossible - Just have a look here: How to Create a Pyramid with the Family Editor
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

yes but this is non equal sides in rectangle so it will not be the same effect of pyramid or work as pyramid. i asked before this question but this does not work in this case because the explantion was in the link about the sweep method.

Comment

It's hard (for me, anyway) to see exactly what is going on there. Can you post a better example?
        Dan

Comment

Sorry, my bad - Missed the part of the pyramid being rectangular... Anyway, create a solid rectangular box, and "carve" it out by using two void extrusions... as in the attached.

But like I said, nothing is impossible
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Munkholm; October 7, 2011, 10:42 PM.
          Klaus Munkholm

Comment

ooops this is not roof or floor this is the baluster post , can i make the roof on family editor of baluster post?!

Comment

The above is a generic family, but the technique to create it, would be the same in any family category.
              Klaus Munkholm

Comment

Klaus Do you have version 2011 for the above? i do not own revit 2012.

Comment

I do, but it's to late in the evening to crank up obsolete software... Have a look at the image I provided - It's really very simple. One rectangular box, and two void extrusions (with different slopes) to cut the box from both left/right and front/back.

Speaking of late... What time is it in Egypt now? It´s like 0:40 here, and I'd figure that you are at least two hours ahead? Time to call it a day?
                  Klaus Munkholm

Comment

Nice idea i will try it in the morning , yeah now it is 0:52 am (but we still at the late evening)
                    Last edited by ahmed_hassan; October 7, 2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment