Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If i want to create something that has chamfer on its edges how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i want to create something that has chamfer on its edges how?

Hi everyone i want to create like this sofa that has like chamferbox that divide the seats how i can do this using tools available in family revit furniture ?
    and thanks
    Attached Files

My first guess is to use a void sweep. Draw the path and profile, and cut it from the extrusion that makes up the seat.
    Dan

Comment

Void sweep will do it. Make your main shape, then use Pick path, pick the edges, draw your void shape, finish.
      Scott D. Brown, AIA | Senior Project Manager | Beck Group

Comment

but this will not make the chamfer as i think, that is right that what you have said will make the devision but the chamfer on the last edge(with its smoothness on two sides) how i can do it ?
        Last edited by ahmed_hassan; October 7, 2011, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I don't quite follow you, then. Can you post a sketch?
          Dan

Comment

I think he means the curved edges instead of the usual sharp edge. Void sweep is still the answer here....
            Martijn de Riet
            Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
            MdR Advies
            Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Ahmed, if you'd used the search function on the forum first, you might have found this thread: http://www.revitforum.org/architectu...amfer-box.html
              Klaus Munkholm
              "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

i saw before 20 minutes how to do it and i saw your participation (beleive me or not i decided from 20 minutes to make search on it a and that was the first link i opened before you tell me now)

Comment