Construction Notes, Keynote Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Construction Notes, Keynote Tags

I actually used Revit for the first time with a project that is in the works. However, I still exported it to CAD to complete it then sent it off to my drafter for finalization, tags, annotation, sheet sets and whatnot.

I would like to learn more about adding keynote tags and use a database for construction notes. I’ve already gone through all of the tutorials and literature, but I haven’t really found a good ‘how to’ guide for a simplified method for adding general notes to sheet set that will give reference to building methods and or codes.

I’m aware that it isn’t going to be ‘easy’ at all, but I’m sure there’s a method that's easier than my current method; paying an architect/drafter. For years I've been drafting in AutoCAD then sending off to 1099er to complete it. This is something that I can do and extra money I can pocket.

Any references or help will be greatly appreaciated!
    Last edited by R-Construction; October 7, 2011, 04:37 PM.

If you want...you can send me your Revit project and I will complete it in Revit....as I need the money to pay for me fancy new computer system at home

Oh..but you want to learn it... Keynotes are pretty simple. If you look in your library you will find Revit Keynotes_X.txt this is the basic keynote file that can be copied and modified however you want. But with all the columns and tabs if your not familiar with databases this can be a little frustrating. I suggest taking a look at Keynote Manager. You can get more info about this topic here.
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Excuse me if I’m simple, and sorry for being redundant, but does anyone have any references for construction or general notes from keynotes? Especially on a ‘walkthrough’ type tutorial?

Any references would be awesome. Thank you guys again!

Comment

You could check out Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011 - Keynotes, Text, and Tags cloudDVD Tutorial - YouTube for a pretty good overview
        Ian Kidston
        http://allextensions.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by R-Construction View Post
          Any references or help will be greatly appreaciated!
          Guess my little bit of help wasn't appreciated with that last comment...

If you need more step by step type of answer then you should be more specific in your questions. Keynote Manager is the most simplified method of creating a Keynote file. Once your information is added to that file, setup the Keynote settings in the panel (the little arrow next to Tags will bring up the info, and select that new keynote file. Start tagging away. The specifics on what keynote tag to use was in that other thread along with more info on setting it up.

Comment

I’m sorry. I have no intention of being rude. I was just checking to see if there have been any simplified walkthroughs for my intent. I’ve downloaded the software and look forward to trying it out tonight. Again, I’m more than grateful and I apologize if it came off in any other way.

Thank you guys again.

Comment

Just to add....YouTube is actually can be an awesome place to go for "Visual" help....Like what Ian suggested.

Also I would suggest picking up a Mastering Revit book, flipping through my 2008 version there is some good info on Keynote creation there too.

Comment

For myself, it is a horses for course situation.

I find that I learn the big overview stuff best by video tutorials and then when I run it to a more fine grain detail "why won't this work" type of problem RFO is the reference of choice.
                Ian Kidston
                http://allextensions.com.au

Comment

What about the data? Do I have to type every note out? I know it will be set it up under the key manager database, but do I still have to create the database? I'm just shocked no one has done this as of yet! I guess this is where I'm having a hard time. It's not that I don't understand the basics of keynotes, but I'm more interested in the premade database for construction/general notes.

Maybe it's a good business idea for you, me, anyone!?

Comment

Originally posted by R-Construction View Post
                    What about the data? Do I have to type every note out? I know it will be set it up under the key manager database, but do I still have to create the database? I'm just shocked no one has done this as of yet! I guess this is where I'm having a hard time. It's not that I don't understand the basics of keynotes, but I'm more interested in the premade database for construction/general notes.

Maybe it's a good business idea for you, me, anyone!?
                    LOL...yeah...you have to do it yourself unfortunately. You may check with your provider though, they may have it for a price :beer:

As for the premade database that is what the "starter" version in the library is for. I plan on creating one for our usual general notes that are used for architecture, structural and interiors...and reserve a block of numbers for those "project specific" notes/tags.

I don't know if anyone would share theirs here...as it represents a lot of man hours and may have company proprietary information along with it.

Comment