Duplicating 3D Perspective view an an independent view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicating 3D Perspective view an an independent view

I am trying to duplicate a 3D perspective view because I want to make a similar view with the same parameters in another area of the building. (I am trying to make a 3D floor plan).

As normal protocol goes, I right click on the navigation wheel for this view and select "set current view as home" in order to lock the view in place.

Since I want to make a similar, yet separate view with the same parameters, I right click and "duplicate view with detailing." I rename the duplicated view, and from there, I pan over to the desired area of the building for this duplicated view, and assuming it is an independent view, I adjust the camera. I then, right click on the navigation wheel for this duplicated view and select "set current view as home" in order to lock the view in place, as i did with the original view.

For some reason I find, despite duplicating the view, both views have the same "home" orientation, but I want them to be separate. They are behaving as dependent views. How can I make these views independent of one another?

[QUOTE=katewood1989;227080]As normal protocol goes, I right click on the navigation wheel for this view and select "set current view as home" in order to lock the view in place.[QUOTE]

This is your mistake. Home is a single view orientation kind of like a default. Go to any 3D view, click home, and you will get the same resulting view.

This is what you want to use for locking your view:

Lock 3D.jpg
    Last edited by DaveP; December 27, 2019, 07:28 PM.

Comment