X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stairs

hi, need some help on how to model this type os stairs
    Attached Files

we use these stairs a lot in Holland, but I never really got it to work nicely in Revit with the stairs tool. You can get pretty close with the sketch tool, but stuff like risers will not look very good in the turns.
    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

so what do you think will be the best approach, regular extructions?

Originally posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
      we use these stairs a lot in Holland, but I never really got it to work nicely in Revit with the stairs tool. You can get pretty close with the sketch tool, but stuff like risers will not look very good in the turns.

Comment

Does the U-Shaped Winder that is built-in not work? I don't know enough about that type of stair to know where the issues are, but at least at a glance it looks fine to me...
        Attached Files
        Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
        BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Hi krusty2k1,

I am using Revit 2018, and created the stair by sketch.
          Stair.JPGStair 2.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by krusty2k1 View Post
            so what do you think will be the best approach, regular extructions?
            It all depends on how nice and exact you want your stairs to be, but from what I have done with these kinds of stairs, that is the only way to get them to look right

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
            Does the U-Shaped Winder that is built-in not work? I don't know enough about that type of stair to know where the issues are, but at least at a glance it looks fine to me...
            Some of the things that are not right in the image below. For a plan view that is OK and probably for a early design it is too, but for CD's I would not want one of those in my model.
            stair2.JPG

Originally posted by abhisekh View Post
            Hi krusty2k1,

I am using Revit 2018, and created the stair by sketch.
            As with the other stairs above a lot of small things that are just not right
            stair3.JPG
            Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
              Some of the things that are not right in the image below. For a plan view that is OK and probably for a early design it is too, but for CD's I would not want one of those in my model.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]38102[/ATTACH]
              Good to know :thumbsup:
              Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
              BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
                Good to know :thumbsup:
                A few of those things you can get a bit better, but overall the stairs tool sucks for these kinds of stairs. Problem is for residential in Holland I think 90% of all homes have a stair like that, so I believe that a lot of companies are building them by hand or get them from a manufacturer, some of which do IFC and a lot of which do imported dwg

Comment

As a general note - System Families in Revit are good for creating content that is in the LOD 200-300 zone. The small things that Robin has highlighted, which aren't quite perfect with the U Winder tool, are things I feel are in the LOD 350-400 zone, and would be picked up through enlarged details (utilizing detail components, lines, and regions to assist in heightened accuracy). Is this not the case?

Comment