X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tag for wall/floor

hi
    i'm working for proces purpose
    i need to make draft for civil engineering... walls, floors, roofs and modelised by myself (and of course designed by process engineering)
    the draft i'd like to make is to be understandable by for subcontraactor, the conrete part of my model will never be BIM style and it doesn't matter because in the end of the project, all data for concrete/wall/floor on my file will be deleted to be substitute by civil engineering project
    but i like to annotate my wall with information or else... how can i do this? i tried to make a shared paramter that i put in wall, a multicategory tag for wall (i'd make others for floors, roofs...) but.... i didn't work
    is there any way to make a tag for that king of object? i know that i could be boring to fill data in these objects for for my job i should be very ineresting
    any idea?
    Enjoy your week-end.
    Phil
    Freelance WWTP/HVAC Designer
    Revit 2019

Сan you attach an example of what you need to get?

Comment

no special example
      this would be a shared parameters for wall/floor where i could put a comment on this wall and with nad i could ba able to tag it
      is it possible?
      Phil
      Revit 2019

Comment

Isn't that just a wall tag reading the comment parameter then? Or even a multi category tag?
        Last edited by Robin Deurloo; October 29, 2019, 07:45 AM.
        Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
        Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

hello Robin
          i've never used a wall tag and i didn't find one in the Revot OOTB (well may be i didn't search in the right place)
          in my mind a wall tag is just a number (well that's what i saw on internet)
          i'd like a tag able to read a parameter...
          i don't know what is exactly a multi category tag... i tried ti create one and to apply it to objects but it doesn't work...
          thanks for your help
          Phil
          Revit 2019

Comment

OK, so attached you'll find 1 multi category tag that read Description, Type Comment and Comment of any object you tag, no matter what category it is and a wall tag that read the fire rating, but you can change that to anything you want by editing the family and change the label from fire rating to any (or multiple) of the available parameters. I hope that helps.
            Attached Files
            Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
            Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Thanks for sharing Robin.
              I'll try soon these family and see you I can use it and what are the limits
              Phil

Envoyé en utilisant Tapatalk
              Revit 2019

Comment

hi
                i made few tests and multicategories tag are very interesting!!!
                i didn’t think about this before but ootb paramters can be very useful for filtering objects…
                but i need to change all my families !!! Dynamo helps me please !!
                and as i understand better multicat tag i’m asking again about keynote and its incredible power
                a lot of job before but so many interesting possiblities… but it would need too a lot of work… Dynamo !!
                take care, dynamo is hidden everywhere… and of course i don’t practice it yet !!:/

thanks for your enlightment Robin!!
                Revit 2019

Comment