Really Struggling with Shared Coordinates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Struggling with Shared Coordinates

Hi all, I am seriously struggling with shared coordinates.
    I am trying to set up a model to send to consultants which they can acquire the coordinates from so we can accurately link their model into ours.

This is my current workflow that does not seem to be working.

File A - our main model file which has been geo located. The Survey point and project base point have been set to known real world coordinates.

File B - Blank file. I insert File A into this via origin to origin and press acquire coordinates.

I then try to link B back into A via shared coordinates to see if they line up.....They do not.

I am sure I am missing a step somewhere in there but cant seem to figure it out.

Is there an easier way to giving the consultants a file which they can set their models from which I can then link via shared coordinates.

Much appreciated.

Have you tried to check the File B if he has two Location?
    Usually if you acquired coordinates that has different naming from default one it will be copied.
    Delete the default one and make it current the acquired coordinates.
    I have encounter this issue with my colleagues few days ago.
    After u delete the other coordinates then try again to link by shared coordinates.
    And let me know if okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RevitUser83 View Post
      File B - Blank file. I insert File A into this via origin to origin and press acquire coordinates.
      Reposition File A to the correct relationship to File B before acquiring coordinates if Origin-to-Origin is not the correct.

If File B had acquired shared coordinates from File A once before, updating A and attempting to re-acquire the update in B will not update B. B must acquire coordinates from another model first.
      John Karben | IMEG Corp.

Comment

PDF Link for a class Paul did a while back: http://paulaubin.com/_downloads/2015...nates_2016.pdf
        Revit OpEd: http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2016/1...ordinates.html
        Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
        BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by RevitUser83
          ...File A - our main model file which has been geo located. The Survey point and project base point have been set to known real world coordinates...
          Can you clarify what you mean? Geo located according to what? Using Civil 3D and/or AutoCAD Geomarker and Location features? Real World coordinates based on latitude/longtitude or coordinates from the cad file?

Comment