Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filled/Masking Region Button - Won't respond to click

Hey all,

So, something weird has been happening to day, and to be honest, it feels more buggy than user error (though I'd prefer it to be user error because it is very annoying).

I've been running into an issue where I haven't been able draw a masking or filled region over a plan for a period of time. First things, I am using a view template for this plan, have tried turning it off and turning on everything in all the VG, then drawing a filled region. Still, no luck.

The weird part is after trying this and turning the view template back on, I still can't draw a region. But, I decided to see if I could draw a detail line. That worked. As soon as I drew a detail line, I was able to draw a filled region again. I don't know if that was actually a solution or if I'm still doing something wrong. Went through all the checklists before deciding to come here, google didn't help me out either. Idk.:banghead:

Thanks in advance!

What exactly do you mean by "can't draw a region?
    You can't enter the Filled Region Command? Can't create the boundary? Can't draw the Sketch Lines? Can't close the command?
    Or do you mean you create a Filled Region and nothing shows up?

There are lots of possibilities here.
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Had the same issue.

Ok. So I know I'm late to the comment thread but I just had the same issue. And I think it is a bug in Revit.

I had different floor plans, all using the same View Template that would allow me to start the process of creating a filled region. Then I would go to the floor plan with the issue, use my quick key for Filled Region, and nothing would happen. Click the Filled Region button, nothing. Do the same process for Masking Regions, nothing. I then drew a Detail Line and it worked. Then I tried a Filled Region again, and Viola!!! everything fixed itself. Weird.

Hopefully this helps you or someone else in the future.

Originally posted by wmuky View Post
      Hey all,

So, something weird has been happening to day, and to be honest, it feels more buggy than user error (though I'd prefer it to be user error because it is very annoying).

I've been running into an issue where I haven't been able draw a masking or filled region over a plan for a period of time. First things, I am using a view template for this plan, have tried turning it off and turning on everything in all the VG, then drawing a filled region. Still, no luck.

The weird part is after trying this and turning the view template back on, I still can't draw a region. But, I decided to see if I could draw a detail line. That worked. As soon as I drew a detail line, I was able to draw a filled region again. I don't know if that was actually a solution or if I'm still doing something wrong. Went through all the checklists before deciding to come here, google didn't help me out either. Idk.:banghead:

Thanks in advance!

Comment