Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to create a stainless steel effect

Dear Guys,
    i have a problem in creating a stainless steel material like the one shown in the pic? i tried to pick a few stainless steel material in the library but it turns out some parts are black. i put my rendered pic and could someone help me out with this problem.

Thank you very much.
    Attached Files

It seems to me the black areas are actually the stainless material reflecting the shadows, and the stripes look to be the shadows from the awning above. Try turning the reflectivity way down in the material editor. I don't think it will look realistic, though. What you have looks correct to me.
    Dan

Comment

I agree with Dan, experiment & turn down reflectivity. also, reflective materials will cause render times to sky-rocket.
      There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

You might also want to look into Chrome materials. The sample you posted is probably chrome, not stainless steel.
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

The reflective materails will cause some heartache with both the render times and getting it to "look" right. Try reducing the reflectance and see how that goes.
          Another thing to remember is that renders don't always need to use the correct materials to get the desired result. It is getting the brain to think it is seeing a certain material.
          Perhaps try using the paint materials with a gloss for example. or opaqe glass with a silver colour? Experimentation is the key.
          Best of luck.
          Andrew Harp
          BIM Manager GHD
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
          If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.

Comment