Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Component hiding other components above him in plan. (what can I do?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component hiding other components above him in plan. (what can I do?)

Hi there,

We are dealing with an issue about the visibility of a furniture in plan.

We have a hanging table that has two elements that grow up to get locked on a head board. We also have a furniture (it's actually a light, but in a furn category) that is not showing in plan when the hanging furniture is in its proper place.

It looks like Revit considers the whole family as one volume without checking its reference planes or geometry. It might be because it is using a masking region to block what's underneath as it is not completetly model in 3D.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Furniture is a non-cuttable category. So it is most likely a combination of that and the masking region.
    Rob Pivovarnick, AIA
    Senior Project Architect
    Michael Graves Architecture and Design
    LinkedIn Profile | @ Twitter

Comment

The desk, it is actually a casework category and the other object furniture.

Originally posted by pivoarch View Post
      Furniture is a non-cuttable category. So it is most likely a combination of that and the masking region.

Comment

I'm guessing that the hanging table has the masking region? In your second picture, the two "posts" of the hanging table are above the light, so I'm assuming Revit reads the hanging table as being above the light, and displays the 2D regions accordingly.
        You can try unchecking "draw in foreground" for the region/lines which, as far as I know, will place the regions/lines at their reference level specified in the family, rather than defaulting to show above anything below the highest point of the family in the project. It should allow things that are above the region/line reference level plane in your project show up instead of being masked.

Comment

Thanks. Actually that's what I ended up doing. I found some information talking about "draw in foreground". I though Revit was smarter. Even if you don't work with masks and you do all 3D, it will have the same issue.

Comment