Lines and objects disappear when selected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lines and objects disappear when selected

Past month or so we have had a lot of users that had their workstations rebuilt or upgraded. Lots of them have been complaining that when they select objects they disappear. First thoughts were bad video card drivers, Aero is causing issues, profile issues, etc..etc.. Was driving our IT guy insane trying to figure out what was happening (he doesn't know Revit at all) so he called me in to figure it out.

I logged into the workstation as myself and it worked fine, figured it had to be a profile issue. But when the user was logged in it worked fine as long as the was set to white...black it disappears....but it worked with a black when I was logged on...

Ummm....then it hit me :banghead:

Whats wrong with the picture? And why is it set like that in the first place?
    Attached Files
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Sounds to me like it should be Orange across the board. Maybe leave the Green, but Orange is what I have for all of mine. Easy to see on the Black and easy to see on the White .
    Adam Hutchinson
    Engineer in Training
    Integrus Architecture, P.S.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
      Past month or so we have had a lot of users that had their workstations rebuilt or upgraded. Lots of them have been complaining that when they select objects they disappear. First thoughts were bad video card drivers, Aero is causing issues, profile issues, etc..etc.. Was driving our IT guy insane trying to figure out what was happening (he doesn't know Revit at all) so he called me in to figure it out.

I logged into the workstation as myself and it worked fine, figured it had to be a profile issue. But when the user was logged in it worked fine as long as the was set to white...black it disappears....but it worked with a black when I was logged on...

Ummm....then it hit me :banghead:

Hilarious...:thumbsup:
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
        Reason 43 to just get used to the white .

Gordon
        Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Price View Post
          Reason 43 to just get used to the white .

Gordon
          True....but if they are black, and you have black lines for everything...how do you know you actually have them selected? If you didn't have the semi transparent turned on that is...or your zoomed out enough to see the grips...

Still odd that they were set like that...
          Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

That they where black? Yes indeed. I am shocked by the fact that default selection color is different for each version, but at least on my install RME uses Red/Purple/Orange and RST uses blue/Blue/Orange. Which is dumb because the blues are exactly the same. In any case, I like Dark Purple/Light Purple/Orange because Select and Pre-select are similar concepts, so the same color, but I want to see the difference, so different chroma. And red and blue are both used for actual content so I don't want to confuse the issue. But yeah, black as a selection color is dumb on a white screen, and really funny on a black screen.

Personally I turn of transparency too. Always though they got it backwards, selection shouldn't go transparent, it is by definition the important bit. The rest of the model should go transparent. But I digress.

Gordon
            Pragmatic Praxis

Comment