Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicated Text

Not a question, just a dumbass moment.

I thought I needed to get my eyes checked. All of my text in my floor plan view looked doubled.
    Well, upon further investigation, every piece of text in my ENTIRE PROJECT is doubled.

I must have copied some text from one view to another, but chose select similar in project, rather than view. :banghead:

Too bad I didn't notice this hours earlier. What a pain. I have to open every view and delete one instance of every piece of text, one by one. UGHH I can't believe I did this!

Lesson for all the noobs out there: pay attention to what you are doing. Revit is great, but it's easy to screw up a project.
    Dan

I did exactly the same thing some years ago.

It came about by using "select all similar in entire project" At the time, I had a bit of text which I knew was copied to a number of different views. What I wanted to do was to select all instances of that bit of text and copy them. Of course, what I later discovered was that the "select all similar in entire project" selects all instances of the text type. Hence every bit of Arial 2.0mm text was selected and copied. Yep, took an hour or so to go through every view and delete all the duplicates.
    Last edited by Ian.Kidston; September 28, 2011, 08:39 PM. Reason: typo
    Ian Kidston
    http://allextensions.com.au

Comment

Yep. Luckily the project is only half done and I don't have all my structural details done. Some of them, but not all.

Deleting all the circuting on the electrical plans was fun. This day needs to end. :laugh:

Luckily, I'm experienced enough to have used tags for most things. Imagine if everything was tagged and labeled with text? Geeze, what a nightmare.
      Last edited by dzatto; September 28, 2011, 09:08 PM.
      Dan

Comment