Revit 2018.3.3 update issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit 2018.3.3 update issues

Anyone having problems installing 2018.3.3? Specifically on a fully patched machine? I get an error about product not installed, but that could be that it think's Revit isn't installed, or that it's not supposed to patch 2018.3.2. Readme isn't clear as it doesn't list what builds it is intended to patch. Error log doesn't look like the C4R known issue that's mentioned. Anyone been down this road yet?

Gordon
    Pragmatic Praxis

I installed the 2017.2.5 first, then the 2018.3.3, then 2019.2.1 without any issues last week. I also installed the Personal Accelerator update. That one showed it was installing then nothing. No window saying that it was finished or installed successfully...nada. So hope it installed. :crazy:
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
      I installed the 2017.2.5 first, then the 2018.3.3, then 2019.2.1 without any issues last week. I also installed the Personal Accelerator update. That one showed it was installing then nothing. No window saying that it was finished or installed successfully...nada. So hope it installed. :crazy:
      My hunch is that the separate Personal Accelerator update is bundled in all the Revit updates and totally unnecessary. And all three are actually the same anyway. The PA updates are just causing a bunch of confusion and never should have been released.
      But I am going to unbundle all the Revit updates today, then install each and check reported versions, and also do a file hash compare on every single file, to test that hunch before I carp on ADSK any more about it. Will be interesting to see the results.

Gordon
      Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

I asked that (those) questions of Autodesk Support earlier this week.
        Haven't heard back yet.
        Dave Plumb
        BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Price View Post
          My hunch is that the separate Personal Accelerator update is bundled in all the Revit updates and totally unnecessary. And all three are actually the same anyway. The PA updates are just causing a bunch of confusion and never should have been released.
          I got a message last week from Autodesk saying that if I didn't install the security update for PAC we would be disconnected from BIM 360...not a totally big deal, but I'm the only one that has a BIM 360 license, so I updated. I had never even heard of the darn thing prior, as you say it is bundled with Revit.
          Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment