Detail components line weight / line control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detail components line weight / line control

For reasons beyond my understanding, you cannot use the line-work tool to adjust the line-weight of detail items in the main Revit model. I tried going into the detail item family and seeing what type of line is used. I know that the model itself overrides any line-weights used in detail item family editor, so I am trying to find where that would be located so I can change it in my main model. I cannot find it in line-styles or object styles. What category would the detail items lines be under?

the detail components themselves have their own linestyles and you can add your own. Typically you want to make your detail components with lineweights and types that match your model categories so when added in section they look correct. IE if your Walls Cut lineweight is a 5 you want your detail component of the siding or whatever outside edge to be set to a linetype with the same lineweight. So IE if you are using the OOTB detail lines, Thin, Med and Wide, set Wide to match your cut line weight, thin to match your thin, etc. You wouldn't want to use the linework tool on detail components.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA | Senior Project Manager | Beck Group

Comment