3D dwfx into Revit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D dwfx into Revit?

We received a 3D dwfx model from a steel fabricator and the question was asked if we could Link it into Revit.

The way I understand it is that 2D dwfx Markups can be Linked into Revit ( ala "roundtrip ) but 3D dwfx files cannot be linked into Revit?
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Originally posted by cliff collins View Post
    We received a 3D dwfx model from a steel fabricator and the question was asked if we could Link it into Revit.

The way I understand it is that 2D dwfx Markups can be Linked into Revit ( ala "roundtrip ) but 3D dwfx files cannot be linked into Revit?
    3d DWF is not supported in Revit.
    Jeff Hanson
    Sr. Subject Matter Expert
    Autodesk, Revit - User Experience

Comment

You gotta love the irony in that one...
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Are .dwf and .dwfx face-based models, rather than solids? I've always wondered about it since they're so light.
        (I was playing with the iOS .dwf viewer app yesterday on an ipad = nice )

I only bring it up since having them in Revit wouldn't really be that useful anyway if that's the case, as they'd not cut like a solids with sections and the secton box in 3D. No?

It's no excuse though, and still a pretty ropey, non-to-help, "that's how it is - like it or lump it"

Q : Can't you get your S.Eng to send you something else Cliff? Where did their .dwfx get exported out from?

Comment