how i can reset revit template ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how i can reset revit template ?

Hi everyone, usually when i was starting project i have simple library already loaded into template like door tags , simple door and simple window but all of this dissapear and message appear tell me there is no library loaded but i do not want to load right now rather than basic. what shall i do?

i hope no one tell me the solution is to load for every part its library (that is what i do not want, i want the basics that was already come with the programme).

and Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ahmed_hassan; September 27, 2011, 11:41 AM.

Whatever families your template contains will be there every time you start a new project with that template.

Therefore, it would seem to me that there are two possibilities here. Firstly that you are using a different template, which hasn't had the families loaded, or that at some point the families have been inadvertently deleted from your template.

To check, open up the template file, (Template files have an .rte suffix), and check what families are loaded. Load families as required.
    Ian Kidston
    http://allextensions.com.au

Comment

You are right , i made load to certian template with metric and it works fine. Thanks a lot
      Honestly, i start to become ok with revit with all of members and admin help
      Best regards
      Attached Files

Comment

just small inquiry come to my mind, how i can remove a certain component from list of component placement ?-- like i do not need trees -- i need to know this method for purpose of preparing my own template that i am going to work on next other projects.
        Attached Files

Comment

In the project browser, scroll down to "Families" section. Lookup the families you don't need and delete from there. Now it won't show up in your component list.
          Martijn de Riet
          Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
          MdR Advies
          Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

thanks mdradvies

Comment

But, do that in your template file and save it; not the project file. That way, when you use that template, they won't be there. :thumbsup:
              Dan

Comment

i load a list of components , doors and windows that i am going to use it in other projects (by saving it template file) , but when i opened empty project recalled the template i saved before nothing of components loaded into my new projects.
                so what is the problem i am facing ? what is the solution for this ?
                Attached Files

Comment

The answer to this is that Doors and Windows don't show in the Component button. You'll need to use the Doors or Windows command for those. Look in the Project Browser, under Families to see a complete list of all preloaded elements.
                  Martijn de Riet
                  Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                  MdR Advies
                  Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Did you OPEN the template file and then SAVE it to create your own template or did you use NEW and choose a template and then SAVE which created a project? A template ends with the file extension .rte and a project ends with .rvt. If you have .rvt then you are using a project and the families you loaded are in that project file. If you click NEW and choose your saves template (.rte) then, as mrdavies suggests, maybe you aren't clicking the correct tool?
                    Last edited by Steve_Stafford; September 28, 2011, 03:31 PM.

Comment