Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to "xclip" a linked model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to "xclip" a linked model?

I simply want to show only yard equipment and not the interior equipment, but they're all the same category. Can I xclip it somehow?

TIA
    John

Originally posted by John McCamont View Post
    I simply want to show only yard equipment and not the interior equipment, but they're all the same category. Can I xclip it somehow?

TIA
    John
    masking region? Or select the items you don't want to see and right click Hide/Elements? There is no XClip in Revit
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Think beyond the OOTB categories, and more about the parameters that lie within them, or indeed, parameters you might add.

If you create your own parameter field, you could then assign to element types (or even instances) "YARD" and "INTERIOR" - then use view based filters to control which ones you see, and which ones you don't.

Doing it this way will saves editing the masking region through the course of the project (as the areas may require) and the elements assigned to "hide in view" (as they come and go)

Sorry Dave, didn't mean to stamp on your suggestions there.
      Last edited by snowyweston; September 26, 2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Setup a filter for certain parameters in the families. You might need to sort out which parameters apply for the different families (like Snowwy suggested, a custom Interior / Exterior parameter would be best).

I wouldn't go with the Masking Region, that's way to much coordination through the project.

But Selection by crossing window over entire interior area > Filter > All but Equipment > Right click > Hide element in View works pretty fast too.
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by snowyweston View Post
          Sorry Dave, didn't mean to stamp on your suggestions there.
          no worries, I'm used to it I still haven't gotten my head around filters but can see that they have many useful purposes...
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll see about adding a parameter to the electrical equipment. Good idea

Comment