Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the tools can make for me curved iron like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the tools can make for me curved iron like this?

Hi i want to make like railing or curved iron in balcony , what is the steps you see it right to make the job done correctly ?
    Attached Files

I don't see a way to model this railing. I would create a dummy curved railing of another kind, then I would create a callout in plan or elevation view, to refer to a drafting view, where I can draw a 2d representation of the railing, or post an image/photograph/cut sheet of the intended design, and then move on with the project.
    Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Actually I think that Phil Read modeled something very similar to this a few years back. Here's his site: http://www.architecture-tech.com/ Try searching there.

Comment

Nice, but:
        1) The railing in the picture above has a curved top, also, and...
        2) Phil Read says: "This is a railing. Native Revit. No - I won't tell you how to make this unless you come to the session at AU 2010".
        Alfredo Medina
        Forum Co-Founder
        Last edited by Alfredo Medina; September 26, 2011, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Alf - very non-time machine negative of you. I'd like to see a better attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by gwnelson View Post
            Alf - very non-time machine negative of you. I'd like to see a better attitude.
            Me? If you say so because you think I am the author of that sentence above, please read my post again. Those are not my words. Note the quotation marks. I am just quoting the "help" I found in the link that you provided.
            Attached Files

Comment

I haven't tried it yet, but couldn't you model the entire section as a baluster family, then insert it in a custom railing?
              Dan

Comment

i can not find the aid in this link , please see how we can make it ? i

Comment

this is a very difficult thing to explain how to do in words. But I'll try, you would make the shapes you want, then nest them into a balluster panel family. to model the curvy railing shapes is very tricky. I do it by creating a curved extrusion in plan, then use void blends to cut out the shape I want. It won't be perfect but you can do it. You just have to decide if its worth the effort.
                  Scott D. Brown, AIA | Senior Project Manager | Beck Group

Comment

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=6915

This is the class if you have access to AU
                    Scott D. Brown, AIA | Senior Project Manager | Beck Group

Comment