how to make like cutom wall sweep ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to make like cutom wall sweep ?

Hi every one, thanks a lot for the instant help you present it to me , my question i want to make non horizontal or vertical sweep , i want to do it by custom way like the one on the image 45 and thank you
    Attached Files

Create a Profile Family and load into your project.
    Draw the form you want using a Model Line
    Create an In Place Family and Pick the Model Lines using the profile you created earlier
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

i made like what you said but i want to cut it from the wall exact

Comment

Same thing, but use a reveal instead of a sweep.
        Dan

Comment

Build a facebased family... especially if that shape is to be cut out of the wall more than once.
          Klaus Munkholm
          "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

well is what i did is ok , i made model in place and chose type generic model then i used void sweep inverted into wall then i used cut geomtry and it give me result of what i want, is this is ok or you prefer other methods?

Comment

It is ok, however if you want to copy it around you will run into troubles if you want to edit it. In place families are just for "one offs" , if you plan to use it in multiple locations a face based void(Generic Model) family would be your best option.
              Scott D. Brown, AIA | Senior Project Manager | Beck Group

Comment

Originally posted by sdbrownaia View Post
                It is ok, however if you want to copy it around you will run into troubles if you want to edit it. In place families are just for "one offs" , if you plan to use it in multiple locations a face based void(Generic Model) family would be your best option.
                Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
                Build a facebased family... especially if that shape is to be cut out of the wall more than once.
                :thumbsup:
                There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment