Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show existing contours along with proposed contours in view

Hi,

I am struggling to create the attached graphic. Essentially, we need to show existing contours along with proposed contours. They each need to be distinguished graphically (one can be dashed and one can be solid). The existing contours need to stop where the proposed start (we don't want to show both systems overlapping). Thanks.
    Attached Files

Easiest method is to right click override the new surface to be solid lines.

As for starting one and beginning another, you may need to demo some of the existing depending on what your new surface will be
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

I don't think there is any way to get the look you want from the contours without manually drawing them that way. You can get dashed and solid if you use the graded region tool, but it will not get rid of the line of the existing contour line where it changed. It will only show them as overlapping surfaces, each with their own set of contour lines. You could use that as a "base" to trace from, but to get it to automatically render like you are showing, pretty sure you are chasing a ghost on that one.
      Jeff Hanson
      Sr. Subject Matter Expert
      Autodesk, Revit - User Experience

Comment

Overlay views on sheet...override views/elements to adjust what the toposurface looks like in each. The attached uses Graded Region to change the surface. The existing plan overrides the surface to be dashed. The proposed plan is set to Phase Filter Show Previous and New and overridden to be 60% transparent so I can see the existing contours.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Steve_Stafford; February 11, 2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment