Revit wall termination in plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit wall termination in plan

I do not wish to appear stupid but can anyone help me out here? The problem is how do I ensure a wall ending aligned with other elements? As you can see from the attached image it does not.
    It is true that the wall joins tool gives you many options for ending a wall. However this is a single wall so I can’t use that.
    Is wrapping the right approach?
    Using family editor to create a particular profile, presumably with a void object might be the answer. Surely there must be an easier way? I have tried using align tool with no success.
    Thank you
    Attached Files

When I have one of those I usually make a generic model with a void and cut that from the wall.
    It would be nice if we could do something like the endcap in ACA.
    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Originally posted by Ecotech Kid View Post
      I do not wish to appear stupid but can anyone help me out here? The problem is how do I ensure a wall ending aligned with other elements? As you can see from the attached image it does not.
      It is true that the wall joins tool gives you many options for ending a wall. However this is a single wall so I can’t use that.
      Is wrapping the right approach?
      Using family editor to create a particular profile, presumably with a void object might be the answer. Surely there must be an easier way? I have tried using align tool with no success.
      Thank you
      Make a very thin wall (1/32" or 5/8" for the thickness of gypsum board, etc.) and place it aligned to the angled edge. Then trim this wall to your original wall, which will cause it to clean up and give you an angled end. The new (thin) wall does not have to be very long. It can in fact be as long as the original wall is wide, which will make it invisible for all intents and purposes.
      Last edited by ocrender; January 5, 2019, 12:39 AM.

Comment