Hand Railing not following stair correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand Railing not following stair correctly

When I sketch a handrail for my stairs, and host it to the stairs, it does not follow my stair path correctly. I have an area with a large landing, but the handrail does not even out at the landing. Attached is an image showing the issue. The red is how I want it to work.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by katewood1989 View Post
    When I sketch a handrail for my stairs, and host it to the stairs, it does not follow my stair path correctly. I have an area with a large landing, but the handrail does not even out at the landing. Attached is an image showing the issue. The red is how I want it to work.
    Split the railing sketch line at the start and end of the landing so you end up with 3 connected sketch line segments.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Looks like you made the landing as a stairs thread instead of using the ''landing'' option in stairs.
      www.jansenengineering.nl

Comment

To add to Elton's comment....split the top of the landing at the face of riser...at the bottom it will be one tread width away from face of riser.

You will want to do the same at the top of the stairs if you continue the railing beyond the stairs.
        Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by katewood1989 View Post
          Attached is an image showing the issue.
          On a side note, those sash windows are awfully low next to the landing. They would need to be of toughened glass in our regulatory environment. Not sure if they would also need a handrail in front.

LOW HEIGHT WINDOWS.jpg
          Kamran Mirza
          Chartered Architect RIBA, ARB, PCATP

Comment