glass wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glass wall

solid grey look to a wall selected as 1" glass. went to Edit type selected regular clear glass and all the correct oks, apply ect. glass looks solid in elevation and 3D views
    Whats up with that ?

Originally posted by Tom Dolle View Post
    solid grey look to a wall selected as 1" glass. went to Edit type selected regular clear glass and all the correct oks, apply ect. glass looks solid in elevation and 3D views
    Whats up with that ?
    transparency setting in the material properties perhaps? See this
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

see quick reply

Comment

tried that thx, made all the settings the same as for the windows ,doesn't work, guess the work around is use windows, maybe try to modify frame to make frameless glass, 1" glass wall doesn't work.... thx for the time trying to help!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Dolle View Post
          tried that thx, made all the settings the same as for the windows ,doesn't work, guess the work around is use windows, maybe try to modify frame to make frameless glass, 1" glass wall doesn't work.... thx for the time trying to help!
          you do know that transparency is only for 3D views, right? Materials will be opaque no matter what the transparency settings in 2D views. Other than that I'm having a hard time understanding what you are trying to do. A sample file or maybe even a screen shot would be really helpful.
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

2018-10-28_1234__3d_glass.png

notice window glass vs (curved glass and glass at narrow slot) at the bottom corner of bldg

Comment

thin wall next to stair is glass,looks opaque. does not look like glass...

Comment

What are the wall properties? It should show as glass if the wall material is glass...
                Attached Files
                Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Thank you, i have taken all glass walls out, but I am going check what you have suggested..... Thank you very much "MP" I appreciate your trouble very much

Comment

I'll let u know if I was able to make it work

Comment