Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elevation Markers

Good afternoon all!

Newbie here and I don't know what I'm doing yet lol.

I'll use the East elevation as an example with the project I'm working on.

I have an overall elevation, which is 3/200.

I then have an enlarged elevation of the East elevation, which would be #/20# (I haven't assigned it yet).

When I go to the plan view to look at the elevation marker, it is showing 3/200 for the overall elevation as well as -/- for the unassigned enlarged elevation over top of 3/200. I'll post a screenshot of this.

Why is this happening!? I can't simply delete the enlarged elevation marker because that deletes that elevation.

I have tried "duplicate with detailing" and "duplicate as a dependent" and they produce the same issue.

I only want to see 3/200. Not all of the enlarged elevations that will come from the overall.

I'm also working with a custom template which was designed by an outside source.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Make an enlarged elevation type and then filter that type out of your floor plans. That should solve the issue of them both appearing on top of each other.
    Rob Pivovarnick, AIA
    Senior Project Architect
    Michael Graves Architecture and Design
    LinkedIn Profile | @ Twitter

Comment

How do I make an enlarged elevation type? I've only been taught the fundamentals by going to the elevation in the project browser>right click>duplicate view...

Comment

I think I got it!

In a plan view... View>Elevation>place marker

Right?

Comment

Go to place a new elevation, then click edit type and duplicate that elevation type. Call it enlarged elevation and then create a filter in the floor plan view template to filter out that elevation type.
          Rob Pivovarnick, AIA
          Senior Project Architect
          Michael Graves Architecture and Design
          LinkedIn Profile | @ Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JT44 View Post
            I think I got it!

In a plan view... View>Elevation>place marker

Right?
            Hi Jeff select your elevation marker, in the Properties palatte select Edit Type, then duplicate the type and name it something like "Enlarged Elevations". Change the type of the enlarged elevation marker to the correct type then filter those out of the views that you don't want to see them. Make a View template for that view type with the filter active is a fast way to make it happen on a lot of views.

edit: dang, Rob beat me by 2 minutes. I type to slow...
            I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Thanks guys! That was easy enough. That view template filter will come in handy when I figure it out!

Comment