Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why when i change override by category it is still as before ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why when i change override by category it is still as before ?

Hello everyone, i have problem there, i do not know why this problem happened, i changed my to black because my eyes is comfort with black since long time and that is my right no one can obligate me to use white ,now when i view model in 3d i changed to grey and i wanted lines of contour edges to be black when i make override by element and made the project line is black fine but this tedious to make every element black so the easiest way is to change by category when i made change by category nothing change although it working perfect with override by element the same as windows and doors please help me i am using revit architecture 2011

if you asking me why you want this colors simply it is inspiring me
    Attached Files

Um, because Revit isn't AutoCAD? If a white is too bright, the problem is best addressed by adjusting the brightness of the screen, NOT making Revit look more like what you are familiar with. You are correct, you are not obligated to use a white , you just have to accept that Revit wasn't designed to work that way. You are also not obligated to put gasoline in a car. You CAN put oats and hay in the gas tank, just like with a horse. But if you do so, don't expect the car to run well.
    As has been mentioned before, the SINGLE biggest impediment to learning Revit is trying to make it work like AutoCAD. If you insist of working that way, you are going to be frustrated. And you are going to miss out on so much of what is good in Revit. Seriously, you have to let the AutoCAD mentality go. It will never help you learn or use Revit.

Gordon
    Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

thanks for the advice but you do not know my screen is too bright even when i made it at minimum level as i said i love white in 3d but you should know my eye hurt with this computer laptop dell the minimum white of it still hurt my eye that is why
      about if i can make it a little gray meaning a less white ok then i can go ahead but here revit is only two options either :too white (light) or too black(dark)

Comment

Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, learn to punctuate! Your posts are impossible to read. Read this: Punctuation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arcturis
        BIM Manager
        Associate Architect

Comment

Perhaps English is not his first language...

Comment

Those are your options, white (best) and black (not best). Inverting the screen color has been around since the beginning with Revit but it hasn't always been given much attention when it comes to displaying information so the fidelity of what we see (selection, tool icons, graphic features) is "lesser" with the black screen. How is the eye strain reading this forum's posts? How about navigating in Internet Explorer? Use Excel or Word? All of these applications use white as a default . Perhaps a screen glare guard would help? You can continue to use the black but there isn't any relief for the issues that you don't like about it either.

Comment

steve you made me rethink and your answer is so reasonable, although that i was hoping to make between i mean to be neither very white neither black , i mean to make the color of white grey so it is better , i wondering why revit is so limiting in this options, it is strange to see great programme like revit can not offer to us a customizable color like white grey it is white but less glaring please if revit architecture 2012 include this feature or revit will release this with this feature i need someone to tell me by a private message when it is released
              ahmed_hassan
              Last edited by ahmed_hassan; September 23, 2011, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by B Arch View Post
                Perhaps English is not his first language...
                Obviously not, but if he has learned English well enough to post and understand on this forum, then surely he has learned punctuation as well.

Arcturis
                BIM Manager
                Associate Architect

Comment

Rosskirby , i was in archicad talk forum above 200 posts no one complained from my English, i just see wonders from some members here instead of help just out of context advices in this forum ,that does not mean the forum is not good ,here other people are perfect and helped me a lot if anyone want to advice me out of topic please send me a private or visitor message instead of corrupting the main topic

Comment

I wasn't complaining about your English, which is usually understandable. I was just complaining about the lack of punctuation (which you're obviously capable of including, at least to some extent), which makes your posts unreadable (at least for me). I don't expect perfect grammar and punctuation from everyone (this is the internet, after all), but how you ask the question, and the extent to which that question is understandable, goes a long way towards whether or not you'll receive a helpful response, or any response at all. That's hardly "corrupting" the topic.

Arcturis
                    BIM Manager
                    Associate Architect

Comment