Materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Materials

Morning all . Sorry for the newbie question: I'm trying to change the material for this bed (library content shipped with Revit). Duplicating the type, and changing the material parameter doesn't seem to do anything...?

Trying the same on other families does seem to work. Unsure what's up.
    Attached Files

Hi assem,

I downloaded the file - duplicated the material - changed colour to red. Everything worked as expected.

Check that you have visual style set to shaded with edges, otherwise, let us know exactly what you are doing when attempting to change the material.

Cheers,
    Ian Kidston
    http://allextensions.com.au

Comment

Thanks Ian. What I tried:

Component > Load family > place Bed(3).

Select instance > Duplicate, and rename > Edit Type > under "Materials and Finishes" change the "Material Mattress" parameter value to something other than what it currently has (which is "Textile - White") > OK, Apply. Check instance in project is the duplicated/renamed type.

Render. Still showing "Textile - White"..

Comment

Hi Assem,

Not quite sure what you are doing wrong. Have a look at the attached screen capture, maybe it will help.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Munkholm; September 23, 2011, 09:00 PM. Reason: Fixed Attachment
        Ian Kidston
        http://allextensions.com.au

Comment

Thanks for hanging in there Ian. There's something strange happening. You can see I've changed the parameter (screenshot attached), but then no change (screenshot 2). Hmm..
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by assem View Post
            Thanks for hanging in there Ian. There's something strange happening. You can see I've changed the parameter (screenshot attached), but then no change (screenshot 2). Hmm..
            The difference is that Ian opened the family in the family editor, and you are trying to change it within the project... You "Should" be able to change the material in the project, but that particular family is created by an amateur (Did you say OOTB family ? ), so you´ll need to open it in the family editor, change each piece of geometry as per the attached, reload it to the project, and apply the desired material to the parameters.
            Attached Files
            Klaus Munkholm
            "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

It now works perfectly - yr a star Klaus, thanks. I hadn't thought to doubt the family as it shipped with the software. I'll be more circumspect from now on!

Comment