Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create Berms in toposurface

Hello all,

How do you create the Berms in toposurface, with a specific slope (for example 2:3)
    Apart from using the Site Designer Extension..

Thank you in advance!

line based In-place family would be a good one for those i think.
    www.jansenengineering.nl

Comment

It seems a lot of people dont do much "sculpting/landscaping" with the topo tool for various reasons, but i quite enjoy playing with it. Shovels without the dirt and sweat.
      To explain, i'm imagining the berm is basically a ridge running straight or maybe arc and of maybe 1 to 2 metre height. Set site contours to show a line every 200 mm or so. First I would effectively "quarantine" the area by placing a control line of evenly spaced points at 0 relative to surface height along the base line. The more of these you place the more control you have but more work. Since it is quite steep, i would place quite a few. Then choosing a line maybe showing 1/2 way up the berm elevation wise place the points showing that height drectly adjacent to each of the first points. Placing directly adjacent helps with preventing what i call "topo leakage", where you would see contour lines leaking between your first points. Then place more along either along another further height of the rise or the top, this depends on the size, steepness and accuracy of shape you want. The more lines of a certain height point you place, the more sculpted it can become with less sharp transitions. This will apply along the top too. As you place all these points, you will see contours should line up in a straight line between your first line "control" points and your actual point lines. Green tick and finish.
      There are other methods like splitting the surface into 3, then raising the surface of 1, then merging them back together using certain controls to obtain the smooth grade transition, but i quite like the "live sculpting" method. I read that 3 topo method in a blog somewhere, possibly from one of the members here.
      Hope this helps.
      Last edited by biff; September 12, 2018, 04:14 PM.
      Motorbike riding is one long bezier curve

Comment

Originally posted by biff View Post
        First I would effectively "quarantine" the area by placing a control line of evenly spaced points at 0 relative to surface height along the base line. The more of these you place the more control you have but more work. Since it is quite steep, i would place quite a few. Then choosing a line maybe showing 1/2 way up the berm elevation wise place the points showing that height drectly adjacent to each of the first points. Placing directly adjacent helps with preventing what i call "topo leakage", where you would see contour lines leaking between your first points. Then place more along either along another further height of the rise or the top, this depends on the size, steepness and accuracy of shape you want. The more lines of a certain height point you place, the more sculpted it can become with less sharp transitions. This will apply along the top too. As you place all these points, you will see contours should line up in a straight line between your first line "control" points and your actual point lines. Green tick and finish.
        Thank you for your answer,

Do you have maybe a video-example, or any link to provide me?
        Last edited by MARIA1993; September 13, 2018, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Have you looked through all the autosdesk help area and knowledge centre? Surely they have videos about adjusting topography. i will have a look through my videos and see if one mentions that way.
          Motorbike riding is one long bezier curve

Comment