Room Not Enclosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Room Not Enclosed

This room was enclosed, not sure why it is not anymore, some walls were added that i set to not be room bounding. Can't i edit that this blue rectangle that is showing the extent of the room!? Banging my head again ! why, Revit?! WHY??!!! any help greatly appreciated ! Again, see screenshot !!! thank you, maddy
    Attached Files

Image is too close to the room element to see any boundaries which might offer clues. A room element responds to valid boundaries being present. Its extents are not editable like a floor element for example.

Have a look at Review Warnings (Manage Ribbon > Inquiry panel) and see if there are warnings about walls overlapping or walls and room separators overlapping. That's a likely cause. If a linked file is providing boundaries verify it's Type parameter is set to Room Bounding.

You can also use a Room Separator to help troubleshoot it. Sketch one across the location to divide the room in half. If the room responds and starts to report area then you know the other half has the issue. Keep adjusting where the Room Separator divides the room until you've isolated where the boundary fails.
    Last edited by Steve_Stafford; August 30, 2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
      You can also use a Room Separator to help troubleshoot it. Sketch one across the location to divide the room in half. If the room responds and starts to report area then you know the other half has the issue. Keep adjusting where the Room Separator divides the room until you've isolated where the boundary fails.
      And also check Level Computational Height vs. Wall Base Levels.

Comment