what causes workset name same as view name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what causes workset name same as view name

occationally i saw this issue, don't know what causes such behavior, i mean 3D object (perhaps w/ embedded 2D annotation stuff) having workset name of view name instead of workset name, i can manually change it, but i want to know the reason behind it so i can prevent it from happening again, thanks.

There are actually Worksets ( system derived ) for all Views in a project.
    Go to the Worksets dialog box, check all four categories and scroll down.
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Modeled objects sometimes end up on View Worksets even though they arent supposed to. If you are able to switch it back to a real Workset.... Awesome. Sometimes it wont let you, and that gets ugly.
      Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
      @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

3D elements are not supposed to end up on View Worksets but as Aaron wrote, they do occasionally. I suspect it has to do with using Copy/Paste which is Windows OS technology incorporated into Revit. Can't prove it because I haven't caught it in the act, but that's my gut feeling after all these years. I've never been in the right place at the right time, when it happens and notice it immediately thereafter.

If true, it's ironic then that sometimes to fix it you can Cut to Clipboard and then use Paste Aligned > Same Place.

Comment

thanks Steve and Aaron.

i also suspect Copy/Paste is the reason as we have lots of lighting fixtures hosted on work plane, and users will be more than happy to copy around, small bug and sure factory won't bother to fix it.

Comment

Its hard for them to fix it, since its hard to isolate its cause. Copy and Paste certainly doesnt ALWAYS do this, or everyones models would be wrecked. But sometimes it does happen. Ive heard of a lot of similar support requests, where something in the database gets "jumbled." I even have one family in one project, that when you copy and paste it, it inherits a type name from ANOTHER entirely seperate family. Evidently something in the EID's got confused, or something.

I call it a hiccup.
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
            @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

i just googled "hiccup", perfect description for this kind of issue, well, i'm learning more than Revit stuff here!

Comment