Sloping glazing does not accept a gutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sloping glazing does not accept a gutter

I find it strange that you can snap a gutter to a regular roof edge, but if you change the roof type to sloping glazing then you can no longer attach a gutter.

Or am I missing something perhaps?

I've not come across any workarounds so far.

Just seems strange that it does not work.
    William Sutherland rias riba
    WS Architecture Ltd

You can add a secondary roof for a fascia, and then sweep the gutter. A few more steps, but workable.
    It would be nice to be able to apply the gutter to the sloped glazing roof.

Just for fun, what happens if you create a normal roof first, apply gutters, and then change it to sloped glazing?
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Originally posted by cliff collins View Post
      Just for fun, what happens if you create a normal roof first, apply gutters, and then change it to sloped glazing?
      Nice try - but Revit just deletes the gutter

Thanks anyway - I just wondered if I was missing something obvious.

cheers,
      WS Architecture Ltd

Comment

Chances are you'd not fix a gutter direct to an edge mullion anyhow no? I'm by no means an expert, but I've not seen such a thing. And so, if that's the case, it begs the question what would you attach them to, and so prompt the thought maybe there's something more to model first.

Comment

You could also add model lines first, then add the gutter (picking the model lines). That's how I do E.I.F.S. cornice around my buildings, since the parapet covers the roof edge, I can't pick the roof.
          Dan

Comment

Thanks.

I suppose you can side fix brackets for the gutter to the rafters under the gasketed glazing system or you can have a gutter board running under the glazing oversail to fix the gutter brackets to.

For the moment I just swept a gutter profile along a picked edge of the glazing oversail (the glass top edge of double glazing units always oversails the timber support under) and it's near enough for now.

cheers,
            WS Architecture Ltd

Comment

One day, while working on some high-res renders, I got really fed up with the missing End Caps and Brackets when using the Gutter tool, so instead I made the attached LineBased family...
              Attached Files
              Klaus Munkholm
              "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Thanks very much Klaus - that is a very neat :beer:
                WS Architecture Ltd

Comment