Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any idea on how to rotate Generic model in place from horizontal into vertical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any idea on how to rotate Generic model in place from horizontal into vertical?

Hi every one ,i made object using model in place choosing generic model any idea on how to rotate Generic model in place from horizontal into vertical?
    and thanks in advance
    Attached Files

In-Place families form relationships to both other objects and work planes, so it probably wont let you if the rotate button doesnt work. You should make it a Face Based Family, and rarely use in-place.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Good idea :thumbsup:can i copy it into the face based families without have to redraw them ??

Comment

Nope, probably not.

But you might want to try exporting the in-place family and then nest it into another face based family... (although best would be to redo it)
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

This is interesting: Revit does not let you rotate from an elevation view a generic model that was created in plan view, not even using "Disjoin". However, if you convert the generic model into a group, now it rotates easily from the elevation, not even using "Disjoin". So, group it and rotate it.
          Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
            This is interesting: Revit does not let you rotate from an elevation view a generic model that was created in plan view, not even using "Disjoin". However, if you convert the generic model into a group, now it rotates easily from the elevation, not even using "Disjoin". So, group it and rotate it.
            Hmm, I haven't checked you work. But, going on your recored here Alf, I bet it works! So, POTM nomination and some little green bars for figuring it out! Good job.
            Dan

Comment

now i will tell you the method i just discovered when i was trying it is easy to do than i have to repeat and become frustrated although this feature will not let you take them grouped but one by one and i have to select edit in place first for the object
              Attached Files

Comment

That wont always work, hence why we are telling you not to use in-place families. But glad it worked out this time.
                Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

To rotate any non-hosted family:
                  Edit the Family, set it to Work Plane Based, deselect Always Vertical,
                  Host it to a reference plane,
                  Then rotate the reference plane...
                  Chris Price
                  Co Founder | BIM Manager | Product Designer | B.Arch (QUT)
                  Xrev Revit API Add-ins | Revit Rants

Comment

Well Hi,
                    I think the easiest way to rotate work plane based element in Revit is to unpin (unlock) it from it's host. When yout create an extrusion or any other form in family editor or in-place editor usually u select some work plane or face to start the sketch and when you finish the sketch and make the form just after that you will see that little sign like a this # with a lock near it just click on it to unpin (unlock) your form from the work plane it was sketched in and click finish. Now in the project you can place and rotate it however you want.

Comment