Walls Below

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walls Below

What is the best and eaisist way of having walls that are below the roof to show hidden? Without filter orverides. I have people hounding me for a simple solution that I can apply in linked views. It cant be project/surface overides either.
    -Alex Cunningham

Linework tool. Tab / pick lines to multi-select, then use linework too to make them dashed. The dashed lines will stay with the walls below if/when moved/edited.
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Thats a crazy idea. Building has hundreds of walls below the roof. Plus if new walls are drawn I would have to verify every single wall before printing. OMG
      -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Well, your question specifically said "without Filters"--so...................

Filters would be a more effective way. LOL

Edit: my first reply should have included "use an underlay" and then Tab/ multi-pick lines, linework tool.
        cliff collins
        BIM there, done that
        Last edited by cliff collins; September 16, 2011, 05:57 PM.
        Cliff B. Collins
        Registered Architect
        The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
        Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

How could I filter walls that are associated 1 level below? I know I can filter by type... but I dont think I can filter by level association... right?
          -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Make all walls bearing and set view to Structural discipline. New walls would have to be bearing as well. Not a good solution if you are using analytic and such though. People's definitions of best, easiest, simple vary greatly depending a bazillion factors at the time of the task. Why not view overrides anyway?

Comment

I am Structural so I need to bearing walls to be bearing always. I am currently overiding by element the bearing walls below the roof on a instance basis. It just sucks to have to do this when Revit could very eaisly show things below or obstructed by other elements as hidden.. <angry face>
              -Alex Cunningham

Comment

level below would be controlled with view depth... not?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
                  How could I filter walls that are associated 1 level below? I know I can filter by type... but I dont think I can filter by level association... right?
                  Go to the floor plan that is below the roof. Select walls. In the instance properties, for "Comments" enter "hide". Then filter by Walls in which "Comments" is "hide". Then apply Fiter to roof view.
                  Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

I think I'm missing something, but I would just do a view override and set roof category to transparent and wall projection lines to hidden.

Comment