Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing Thin Lines to PDF

Hi All,
    I've been trying to print some completed Title Blocks to PDFs. I need all lines in my sheet to be as thin as possible in a PDF - I want to be able to see relatively simple mullion profiles accurately.
    I have tried overwriting the model lines to width 1, but this has not worked well enough.
    I have also downloaded PDFCreator, but this still has not solved my issue.
    I'm trying to print to A0 sized paper.
    Please let me know if someone has dealt with this, or knows of any add-ins that can help deal with this.
    Thanks in advance!

This is what I want my final PDF to show:

This is what is currently printing:

Attached Files

If you are setting everything for Pen #1...what is your pen width setting for Pen #1 for the scale you are trying to print?
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

I'm afraid I don't understand the question..
      I have set the lines to 1 in both the Object Styles and in the View Template V/G Model Overrides.
      Attached Files

Comment

Manage TAB....Additional Settings....Line Weights.

This is where you can control what the pen weight is for each pen at different scales. If the scale doesn't exist it defaults to a thick line.

Comment

Bluebeam Revu has a tool that changes all lineweights to "thin". I believe Brian Mackey has a blog post about this. It might be worth installing the free trial to see if it can resolve your issue.
          Tony Perez @Twitter
          Senior Structural Designer
          Tesla Gigafactory - Austin

Comment

I just tried changing the Line-Weights, but they still are not at thin as I need them to be..
            Any other ideas?

Knitro: I will check it out, though I'm looking mostly for a free solution (if one exists )
            Thanks

Comment

When you changed all your categories to pen 1, did you expand the tree to get the subcategories?

What lineweight did you set pen 1 for the scale? .001"/.025mm is the smallest you can go...

What size sheet are you trying to print to? If you are just trying to get a quick print out for an e-mail what I use is the snipping tool so I can grab the "thin line" view and plop it into an e-mail...thus not wasting paper.

Comment

Just tried expanding the trees, and I set the minimum possible (.025mm)
                I'm printing to A0, using PDFCreator.

I've been using the snipping tool until now, but I need to start creating PDFs, because some of the projects are large and I want the vector lines to work.
                This is more difficult than I thought..
                Any input from people that create very detailed views? How do you export your work so it can be seen?

Thanks again for your help :beer:

Comment

What DPI are you printing to? Try 1200...think default for PDF Creator is 300 dpi.

Comment

Well, some interesting results...
                    I increased the DPI, and the lines came out better (not as thin as I wanted, but much better)
                    However, this totally destroyed my Title Block...

Bad Version:

Good Version:

Seems very strange that there is no simple option for this workflow...
                    Attached Files

Comment