Organize Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organize Schedules

I am trying to see if it is possible to organize schedules into different folders. I cant find a way to add a project parameter to tie to schedules.

Not that I know of. The only way we have done this is for schedules that are not made to be place on sheets we have a prefix on. "r-" for rebar schedules "z-" for structural working schedules etc...

I believe legends are the same way.

Comment

Sorry, it's a wishlist item still. The Browser Sorting doesn't extend to schedules or legends. You can manage it a little with naming strategies. The name that appears at the top of a schedule is the name in the browser but there is a work around that will let you use some other kind of name in the browser but show the kind of name you want at the top of the schedule instead.

The trick is to uncheck Show Title and then create a column group header for all the columns instead. This gives you a schedule "title" that is really just a group header, except the group is the whole schedule. This leave you free to do what you want with the schedule name.

Comment

Thanks for the work around

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
          Sorry, it's a wishlist item still. The Browser Sorting doesn't extend to schedules or legends. You can manage it a little with naming strategies. The name that appears at the top of a schedule is the name in the browser but there is a work around that will let you use some other kind of name in the browser but show the kind of name you want at the top of the schedule instead.

The trick is to uncheck Show Title and then create a column group header for all the columns instead. This gives you a schedule "title" that is really just a group header, except the group is the whole schedule. This leave you free to do what you want with the schedule name.
          NICE! :thumbsup:
          Martijn de Riet
          Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
          MdR Advies
          Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Lovely stuff Steve.
            Luke Johnson | Autodesk Expert Elite Member
            Author of What Revit Wants

Comment

I just got a new "Like" on this thread and the tip that works for versions prior to Revit 2014.

It's worth mentioning now that with 2014 we can just use the new Clear Cell tool to remove the header value, which also breaks the relationship to the schedule view name in browser. This makes it even easier to use a different view name for more control over sorting in the browser.

Comment

Good Tip Steve - Thanks! Is there any benefit to creating a new Schedule "Type"? I always wondered why they bothered to add that capability.

Comment