Schedule Keys & Shared Parameters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule Keys & Shared Parameters?

So I'm wanting to setup a Room Schedule Keys for our template - we only do healthcare, so the idea of pre-defining a bunch of room type-related information for assigning to rooms as they are placed would be wonderful.

BUT (unless I'm doing something wrong) shared parameter fields are not available in a key schedule.

I've near 20 default-required fields, and another 10 or so desired fields that I'd like to automate in some way.

Is there any other way to do it short using collapsed schedules for multiple-instance inputting? That falls short when you add new rooms.

Why would you need Shared Parameters? Key Schedule values are also available in other Room Schedules (not sure about tags though)
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
      Why would you need Shared Parameters?
      For tagging, ideally - and I generally prefer Shared parameters as they feel more future proof than project parameters.

My other worry was that project parameters wouldn't be pushed through for color schemes that look at linked models, but I've just tested that, and they do, so perhaps I could live without them being SP.

Comment

So, as I understand it, the difference is as per this table :
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by snowyweston View Post
          So, as I understand it, the difference is as per this table :
          You should add family parameters to that list as well...that would be really handy.

Comment

Adding Family parameters to the table would just be frustrating since they are "no" in each column.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
              Adding Family parameters to the table would just be frustrating since they are "no" in each column.
              I laugh only because I have to! :laugh: :banghead:

Comment

I have been working with key schedules, and some how have managed to get a Shared Parameter in them, but can not seem to repeat process, any ideas how this might have happened? It a Shared parameter that is of type Text, is instance based and shared amongst most categories in Revit

Comment

Originally posted by chris.j.mckeown View Post
                  I have been working with key schedules, and some how have managed to get a Shared Parameter in them, but can not seem to repeat process, any ideas how this might have happened? It a Shared parameter that is of type Text, is instance based and shared amongst most categories in Revit
                  interesting, perhaps sample rvt / image file(s) will help.

Comment

Any further development on snowyweston's table above in the intervening two and a half years ?

Or a workaround ? I'm having to make "Room Styles" of duplicate, filtered schedules with shared parameters and manually copy/pasting our 25-odd room parameters into the fields.

Would like to know what others do. And this is all because we are tagging rooms on Room Data Sheets and need the shared parameters for those.

Kamran
                    Kamran Mirza
                    Chartered Architect RIBA, ARB, PCATP

Comment