Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you run both Revit 2018 and 2017 at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you run both Revit 2018 and 2017 at the same time?

I have a user who is running Revit 2018 and 2017 at the same time. This causes Revit 2018 to freeze. Did I forget to mention that they are also running AutoCAD 2018. We have the Unifi plugin which runs on both and has a customization to automatically open with Revit.

Curious if it's Revit or the plugin causing the crash?

It certainly isnt Revit. I run all sorts of combinations at the same time: 2016, 2017, 2018, and the entire rest of the 2018 suite.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
      It certainly isnt Revit. I run all sorts of combinations at the same time: 2016, 2017, 2018, and the entire rest of the 2018 suite.
      Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

How many monitors do you have?
        ​My ID was stolen. Now I'm only called Dav

Comment

3 @ 2560x1440.
          Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation

Comment

3 @ 2560x1440.
            Good lord. Way to make the rest of us feel jealous. I bet that 2019 and the multi monitor support couldn't have come fast enough for you.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjosiah View Post
              Good lord. Way to make the rest of us feel jealous. I bet that 2019 and the multi monitor support couldn't have come fast enough for you.
              I'm looking forward to it, for sure. We're getting ready to start a new project in 2019. Ironically, it's not installed here yet.

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
              Director
              Parallax Team, Inc.

Comment

On the subject of monitors, I've reverted to a single 4K monitor. The Nvidia card handles it well. It's a Samsung TV from Best Buy, less than $800. The so-called downside is the refresh rate is only 30Hz at full resolution , but it's not a CRT and I'm using it for Revit, which has no monsters to shoot at, so it's great. The screen is so big that I can look at big drawings in one view at the same HD resolution of my previous three monitors, but I never have to think about where to frame palettes, properties, browser, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Im actually getting ready to replace my (3) 27" 2560x1440's for (3) 27" 4k monitors, lol. A friend has that setup in his office, and its amazing.

Comment

Im actually getting ready to replace my (3) 27" 2560x1440's for (3) 27" 4k monitors, lol. A friend has that setup in his office, and its amazing.
                    And here I am using a pair of cheap 22" monitors
                    ​My ID was stolen. Now I'm only called Dav

Comment