Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaking of Revisions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Speaking of Revisions

    I've done a major revision on a project, have clouded and tagged all of my changes as Rev 1 and I'm done. Now my customer informs me that the State of CA (DSA) will not accept a submittal with clouds or revision markings of any type. No problem, just hop into Sheet Issues/Revisions and turn off Clouds and Tags. Great except there's still a revision number description and date in the Revision schedule in the title block. Any easy way to turn this off and back on again? In the title blocks Properties there is a Revisions on Sheets Edit button that would seem to do what I want but the check mark in the "Shown in Revision Schedule" cannot be unchecked ?? And besides that's an Instance parameter and I'd rather not have to go through 300+ sheets and turn it off.
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

    #2
    Two thoughts...you can schedule the current revision in a schedule, and perhaps delete it? Then you would not have to go sheet by sheet
    Second, you could just take the revision schedule out of your titleblock family?

    Comment


      #3
      Considering the situation, I agree with Gdoherty on deleting the schedule from the titleblock, and be done with the issue in one minute. You can always put it back if it is necessary.
      Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

      Comment


        #4
        Dave,

        See this blog post by Steve. Could that help?
        -Alex Cunningham

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
          Considering the situation, I agree with Gdoherty on deleting the schedule from the titleblock, and be done with the issue in one minute. You can always put it back if it is necessary.
          good idea indeed! I just made a fake Revision schedule in my title block family, moved the real schedule out of the title block and replaced it with the fake one. When I need the Revisions back again I'll just swap them out. You guys are good!

          edit: oops, that doesn't work because the moved real Revision schedule prints no matter where you try to hide it. Back to the dwg board
          Dave Jones
          Moderator
          "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
          Last edited by Dave Jones; September 14, 2011, 08:34 PM.
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

          Comment


            #6
            So using Steve's method, select Revision Cloud > Right Click > Select all instances in project > Hide in View. This should take care of it.

            If not, open your titleblock family, save as, delete the revision schedule from the family and reload. Then select all instances of the titleblock and replace with the new and renamed version. Swap them back when needed, it's just a few clicks.
            mdradvies
            Moderator
            "Mark Twain"
            Last edited by mdradvies; September 14, 2011, 08:56 PM.
            Martijn de Riet
            Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
            MdR Advies
            Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
              So using Steve's method, select Revision Cloud > Right Click > Select all instances in project > Hide in View. This should take care of it.

              If not, open your titleblock family, save as, delete the revision schedule from the family and reload. Then select all instances of the titleblock and replace with the new and renamed version. Swap them back when needed, it's just a few clicks.
              Creating a second type or second family is probably the way to go if you will need the revision block back at some point.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
                edit: oops, that doesn't work because the moved real Revision schedule prints no matter where you try to hide it. Back to the dwg board
                You can remove the schedule from the paper space in the family. I will still reside in the project browser for later use.
                -Alex Cunningham

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
                  So using Steve's method, select Revision Cloud > Right Click > Select all instances in project > Hide in View. This should take care of it.

                  If not, open your titleblock family, save as, delete the revision schedule from the family and reload. Then select all instances of the titleblock and replace with the new and renamed version. Swap them back when needed, it's just a few clicks.
                  Steve's method doesn't work if you put clouds and tags on sheets instead of views. I read with interest the thread about this issue some time ago and ignored the consensus of opinion and now can't fix this with the easy button. So, I'll try your second option. But I've got to do it later. Big shindig in downtown SLO tonight. Need a nap...
                  I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
                    You can remove the schedule from the paper space in the family. I will still reside in the project browser for later use.
                    I've got to get at this later, but my thought about this is: I need the Revision schedule but I need it to be empty, so this won't help me...right?
                    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X