Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show level in 3D

Hi all,

how can I view all element of a given level in 3D?

Thanks

Use a Section Box and adjust it to only include the elements on a certain Level. Then duplicate the view, adjust Section Box, and repeat as required.
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

In addition, you could also use a multi-category filter set to elements hosted at (the desired) level(s).

Comment

thank you both very much. Both solutions are great. I will look them up and try to learn them

Comment

Orient to View!!!

Open a 3D view>hit the little down arrow on the view cube>orient to view>Plans>(use desired plan)>adjust the view to appropriate angle(as it will appear in plan; though actually 3D and cut at the plan view's cut plane)>Save View as another name: rinse, repeat...
          -J
          http://about.me/JayZallan
          Tweet, Link or Blog me up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by snowyweston View Post
            In addition, you could also use a multi-category filter set to elements hosted at (the desired) level(s).
            sounds great but you cannot "select" by filter, and you cannot turn off others, and you have to create each filter for each level, etc., hope i'm wrong.

besides methods of orientation by view, combined w/ section box, you can also use multi-category schedule w/ level as the only field, select, show, close dialog, temporary isolate, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ning Zhou View Post
              sounds great but you cannot "select" by filter, and you cannot turn off others, and you have to create each filter for each level, etc., hope i'm wrong.
              But you can duplicate a 3D view and set the filter.
              Martijn de Riet
              Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
              MdR Advies
              Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
                But you can duplicate a 3D view and set the filter.
                but you still cannot turn off others.

for instance, (duplicate) 3D view has walls, columns, floors, roof, windows, doors, etc., and i created a filter only containing items i want to see say columns, you can use that filter to turn on/off columns, but you cannot turn off others like walls, floors, roof, windows, dooors, etc. by using that filter.

you'll have to create another filter which will contain others, in this case walls, floors, roof, windows, doors, etc.

Comment

But you could also filter on everything that isn't a column (does not equal) and turn those off?

About the OP: you can do the same for all elements not on the desired level. Extra complication here is that not all elements can be filtered by level (for instance walls)
                  Martijn de Riet
                  Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                  MdR Advies
                  Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

right, right, i missed that simple ..., typical over-thinking! thanks Martijin.

Comment