Multiple linked file with varying finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple linked file with varying finishes

Ok, so what I want to do seems fairly simple, in principle.
    I have one house type that will be used (linked) into a site file. There are seven instances of this house in the site file, basically creating a unit development project.

How can i assign a different roof materials to each unit to depict a different colour scheme when they are all the same model?

Any help appreciated
    Andrew Harp
    BIM Manager GHD
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
    If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.

Modify the roof color of each using Visibility Graphics...Because each is the same model, it will add a number below the link...you can name each model whatever you want by selecting the link and going to the properties of it. That way when you go to visibility graphics you know which one is which.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MPwuzhere; September 12, 2011, 03:20 PM. Reason: added pics
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Cheers, that is a good solution. Now I have a slightly bigger issue. We need to assign different "feature" finishes to some of the walls. Now, as you can't have sub categories in the wall families how ca I do this?
      Andrew Harp
      BIM Manager GHD
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
      If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.

Comment

Like what kind of features? Modeled features or just different colors? Since VG is view specific you can change the colors of a wall same way you did the roof, but it would just apply to all the walls. If its a modeled feature then you could use Design Options in the primary model and just modify the visibility graphics of each linked model to reference the proper design option.
        Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment